Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
Supports the Family of Companies' training function by ensuring courses are set up in the Learning Management System LMS, and physical set ups e.g., rooms, food are submitted. Enters training records such as course attendance into the LMS and maintains records in the LMS and SharePoint. Runs reports as needed and manages monthly training documentation. On training days, ensures the room is set up according to spec, tent cards and pens are pulled, and food is delivered, if applicable. Post-training functions include closing out the class in the LMS, assigning credit and emailing online evaluations. Creates and analyzes evaluations in Survey Monkey. Updates training calendars as needed and works with program manager on annual curriculums. Supports OPC and GTC LMS administrators and assists with troubleshooting when necessary. Processes vendor invoices for training and communication using DocuSign, and tracks invoicing.
- LMS Administration: Sets up new classes and closes out when completed, ensuring all are set up at the appropriate hierarchy levels. Manages notifications. Sets up and maintains curriculums and certificates. Runs monthly and periodic LMS reports. Works with IT on creating ad hoc reports per manager requests. Tracks eLearning completions and provides GSOC, OPC and GTC with new associate reports. Supports OPC and GTC LMS administrators with requests and training. Participates in LMS upgrades and updates/maintains documentation for LMS administrators. Trains new LMS administrators. Assists with LMS troubleshooting related to specific customer issues e.g., OPC, GTC. Maintains course documentation. Closes or deactivates retired courses and associates.
- Training Administration: Reserves training rooms and handles class setups, ensuring instructors and training locations are accurate. Submits catering orders as needed. Ensures all training supplies are in the room prior to training. Assists associates with registration, cancellation, and other inquiries. Updates or creates course descriptions and ensures they're checked into FOCUS. Maintains TLA 12-month calendar. Assigns training and conference numbers and maintains documentation. Inventories training supplies, and orders new inventory when needed. Assists with scheduling plant and EMC tours and secures transportation.
- Sets up and tracks TLA vendor budget, ensuring dollars are appropriately assigned to a vendor such as ProEdit. Coordinates and documents large procurement contracts such as annual LinkedIn Learning subscription. Supports training in the areas of budget preparation and management. Ensures invoices are correctly submitted and paid. Develops or maintains system for tracking invoices. Assists with other general administrative as required.
Education: High school diploma required. Some college desired.
Experience: 5 years' experience as training assistant or coordinator.
Equivalent Experience: 15 years' general administrative professional experience.
Specialized Skills: This individual must:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft 360 applications, specifically Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Learning Management Systems.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different personalities.
- Excel in oral and written communication.
- Produce accurate work products with attention to detail.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and develop/propose solutions.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills.