Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
- Challenging and exciting opportunity supporting the reliable operations of the electric power grid
- Gain experience working in a high security, critical environment
- Work as a leader of a technical services team with exposure to Control Centers, Generation Plants, Network Equipment, Physical Security, Cyber Security and Control Room Technology such as SCADA Workstations, IP Phones, Video Walls and other Supporting Equipment.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Nationally competitive pay and incentives
- Benefits packages including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Outstanding retirement benefits featuring a maximum company contribution of up to 15.5%
- On-site Fitness Center and Café
- Associate training and development including options for tuition reimbursement
This is a unique opportunity to support and protect the largest machine on the planet: the electrical power grid. GSOC operates facilities state-wide to generate and transmit power on the Georgia power grid and requires a professional supervisor to coordinate and develop a team of operators as they monitor, respond, and administer physical security systems.
GSOC offers the opportunity for career exposure in related areas such as higher levels of leadership, IT Networking, Cyber Security, and technical field support, with programs that include tuition reimbursement for college and paid training for relevant certifications. GSOC is dedicated to the development of its employees and maintains a strong growth-based corporate culture; this is not only a great job with many possibilities but is also an investment in your future.
This position includes nationally calibrated competitive pay, opportunities for growth, and great retirement benefits. In 2017, GSOC was recognized as one of the best places to work by Georgia Trend magazine.
GSOC Annual Report:
Georgia Trend magazine:
Supervisor, Datacenter and Technology Services
Supervises the Technology Support team within the Telecommunications and Technical Support department. Provide direct guidance to the team in support of various GSOC, GTC and OPC technology services and system operation's needs. Provide leadership, oversight, and coordination of operations, facility, security, and other technology projects. Developing technology strategies for System Operations; Responsible for the development, maintenance, and enforcement of policies, procedures and programs. Ensures staff compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry standards, corporate policies, guidelines, and procedures, including but not limited to, RUS, OSHA, NERC, FERC and ITS requirements. in strategic technology planning; Overall responsibility for system operation's facilities/datacenter development and management. Provide direct input staff development and performance management; Work with management to acquire, develop and/or maintain qualified resources as needed. Assists manager with managing budget and monthly budget projections. Other Duties as assigned by Manager.
- Data Center Management
- Ensure efficient function of datacenters by overseeing equipment maintenance and inventory, customer service.
- Manage work in the data center including equipment maintenance tasks such as managing and installing upgrades. Oversee infrastructures, environmental and cabling, components and accessories.
- Develop and data center policies, procedure, and for operations of the GSOC data centers. Enforce personnel access to data centers.
- Responding to inquiries and coordinating with other organizations on data center as it relates to data center affect project.
- Capacity planning, monitoring and changes.
- Operations Management
- Maintain efficient operations of responsible areas. Supervise the operations and maintenance of major power, security, network/monitoring technology system components, equipment, and related services. Managing associated projects.
- Support all technology infrastructure for critical System Operations.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining policies and procedures for required maintenance and compliance programs.
- Managing the development and operation of monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Managing team's business hour and after-hour response to emergency issues.
- Managing Service Level Agreements and maintenance contracts.
- Develop periodic and on-demand performance and outage analysis reports and graphs. Managing the interaction with Members for providing outage report. Coordinating Business Continuity efforts.
- Other operational duties as assigned by Manager.
- Personnel Supervision
- Provide daily oversight to of the Technical Support team.
- Review outstanding problems to ensure proper documentation and escalating procedures are being followed.
- Keep management informed of the situation and recommended action being taken. Work with management to develop and administer a comprehensive personnel review program including performance reviews.
- Develop training needs for staff to address and maximize strengths.
- Assist management in the selection of qualified staff and contractors.
- Monitors associates and contractors' work progress to ensure that deliverables meet the expectations of management and and that performance is adequately documented. Provides feedback to associates regarding their work, skills, and development.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, disciplinary measures, etc. Trains associates to ensure optimum staff development and coverage plans are in place.
- Work with management to ensure backup plans and resources are in place for contingency needs. Complies with all legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements for personnel actions.
- Assist with contractors and vendors selection for department needs and monitors their results to assure high-quality service delivery.
- Provides team-level reporting, including a weekly summary of activities to .
- Provides operational reporting on metrics/measurements. Administers the execution of personnel-related tasks, timesheets, compensation, etc.
- Budget management
- Work with Manager to maintain budget.
- Assist the Manager of Telecommunications and Technical Support with annual budgeting, monthly projections, and other tasks associated with maintaining a sound budget.
- Produces critical information for developing budgets.
- Develops Executive Summaries for purchases for approval by manager.
- Assists in the development and administration of contracts and purchase orders.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 10 years in the design, installation, test, operation and maintenance of network and power systems, datacenter management, information technology, 5 years in a leadership position providing work direction and monitoring performance of staff of various backgrounds and expertise both within an office and in a field environment.
Equivalent education and experience
- degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with at least 15 in design, installation, test, operation and maintenance of network and power systems, datacenter management, information technology and physical security practices in the utility industry as well as at least 5 of supervisor or direct leadership experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
All positions must obtain and maintain Bulk Electric System Cyber Authorized Status as defined in GSOC's CIP Cyber Security Policy 301 and NERC Reliability Standard CIP 004 - Personnel Risk Assessment. GSOC provided.
* Driver's License
Good supervisory skills especially in the areas of training and coaching. Good conflict management and negotiating skills. Working knowledge of utility operations. Customer service orientated. Good communication skills. Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously. Proficient with problem solving methodologies. Effective oral and written communications skills, negotiating ability, and demonstrated leadership traits. Proficiency with personal computer applications including electronic spreadsheets, relational databases, word processing, etc.
Work Schedule Standard business hours are expected but this role may require additional hours during emergencies or to assist with minimizing outages and service disruption.