Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
Prepare, maintain, and control all fixed asset records for Georgia System Operations Corporation to include capital expenditure reporting in the Monthly Operating Report. Create monthly financial projections reports for GSOC management and OPC & GTC including variance analysis and allocation to OPC and GTC. Record all cash receipts, wire transfer cash disbursements, CAC payments, and amortization of prepaids. Responsible for multiple property tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and 1099 returns and payments. Responsible for weekly Accounts Payable check/voucher review and disbursement.
- Maintain and control Corporate fixed asset records by setting up new capital projects, identifying fixed asset expenditures, ensuring items are tagged, recording assets in the fixed asset subledger, closing projects, retiring assets, calculating depreciation and its allocations between OPC and GTC and member direct, recording related activity in the general ledger, and monitoring asset inventory. Prepares various reports related to assets and depreciation, including net book value reports, net book value roll forward reports, open/closed capital projects report and depreciation forecasts, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of capital expenditures. For property tax purposes, maintain listing of new and retired computers that are not considered capital but are expensed. Calculate interest in expenses in CWIP on a monthly basis. Create the capital expenditure report for the Monthly Operating Report. Work directly with GSOC managers on variance reporting for this report.
- Collect projections information from department managers each month for projection reporting. Consolidate departmental information and report to internal management on actuals and projections on a monthly and yearly basis. Create and distribute projections reports at the customer level to OPC and GTC management staff and to the GSOC CEO. This reporting is very detailed and contains variance information down to the customer level so there is an added layer of analysis that is completed to produce the information at this level. Create and distribute internal projections reporting at the customer level for the CEO and other internal management. Compare data back to ppdgraf and/or other internal documents to ensure accuracy and consistency among various reporting products.
- Record in the general ledger: cash receipts, wire transfer cash disbursements, CAC payments, and prepaid amortization.
- Prepare property tax returns in various counties and states, sales and use tax, and 1099 returns/reports and prepare payment vouchers or send ACH when taxes are due. Electronically file 1099s with the IRS.
- Prepare various reports and reconciliation supporting balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Prepare monthly UHC medical claims analysis for distribution to GSOC Executives.
- Verify accounts payable checks match their respective vouchers. Verify checks over $10,000 have two eligible signatures on them. Mail or distribute the checks. Verify ACHs match against their respective vouchers. Verify that weekly employee expense report amounts match the InfoPath forms. Verify that monthly telecom stipends match the list prepared by the Controller.
- Setup new allocations in Lawson. Multi-step setup of new groups and activities in allocations for new ppds and FERCs. Run allocations as part of the monthly close process. Maintain allocations and solve problems that may arise during the allocations process.
- Calculate the annual depreciation budgets, grant related revenues and property tax expense. Assist in miscellaneous general accounting functions and special projects. Sets up expense project numbers, capital project numbers and expense to capital project numbers on request from GSOC associates. Maintains expense to capital project number allocations for new project numbers that will charge GTC.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field.
Experience: Six years professional accounting experience, preferably in the utility industry.
Equivalent Experience: Ten years accounting experience with at least 5 years in a related industry. RUS/FERC accounting codes preferred.
Specialized Skills: Proficient in operation of personal computers. Familiarity with on-line ledger system and query tools. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Good telephone etiquette. Problem solving ability beneficial. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience with FAS, Lawson and Clarity a plus.