Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
This position will report directly to the Georgia System Operations Corporation GSOC CIO within the Shared Services IT SSIT division. GSOC SSIT provides technology services for approximately 1000 users across three companies. The Manager is responsible for maximizing the return of the user experience within the Microsoft 365 suite of user applications and services and includes managing an in-house team of developers and external contractors.
The role is responsible for the effective adoption and utilization of Microsoft MS products including effective integration into the total workforce digital experience. Key position accountabilities include management of all development activities utilizing Microsoft Power Apps, Automate, and robotic process automation RPA development via UiPath. This position will partner with the IT infrastructure group to drive technical architecture, planning, and roll-outs for Microsoft products and any integration points with other enterprise systems. This leader is responsible for championing the Microsoft 365 governance groups as well as providing thought leadership on AI and its incorporation into workforce productivity applications.
- Strategic Management - Seeks to understand the customer's business and their strategic initiatives; anticipates their requirements. Gathers information regarding the corporation's vision, objectives, resources, and limitations and develops departmental strategies to assist with reaching the corporation's initiatives based on this information. Builds and maintains technology roadmaps to align to business strategy.
- Strategic Planning - Provide corporate IT vision for applications under management. Align business needs and application products and services. Build and maintain technology roadmaps for key technologies. Develop and maintain multi-year resource plans to support application development and support. Provide key input into Microsoft EA multi-year agreements. Present strategies to senior executives, peers, and staff.
- Technology Roadmaps - Proactively develop and maintain knowledge on Microsoft products and other significant applications. Develop multi-year technology plans per application taking into consideration business required outcomes and alignment, key technology integration points and constraints, new versions and application end-of-life. Identify future state architectures and partner with technology peers to set direction.
- Microsoft 365 Product Management - Partnering with users, IT infrastructure personnel and Microsoft to achieve an effective user experience and realization of the full value of Microsoft 365 products.
- Design and maintain a governance structure that defines objectives and metrics to support effective use of Microsoft products. Maintain alignment with users through various user community activities. Integrate IT infrastructure into user experience plans and objectives.
- Utilize organizational change management OCM techniques to influence business adoption and use of Microsoft products. Identify specific engagement and training plans and execute. Identify product champions and technical specialists to help overall support.
- Liaison with IT infrastructure to plan key upgrades and enhancements. Liaison with corporate communications to build roll-out, training and product promotion campaigns.
- Governance Leadership - Develop and lead application governance teams and activities bringing together IT and the Business to help shape application direction, identify priorities and maintain engagement
- Low-code development management - ensure that daily operations are efficient and that the results of projects and processes are of the highest possible quality.
- Provides leadership and management of daily efforts of internal and external development resources in the delivery and support of Microsoft and UiPath solutions.
- Provide leadership in the use of development standards, use of IT development methodology and various techniques to support high quality in solutions.
- Leads support activities for all products under management. Ensures compliance to any legal and regulatory requirements or other key internal controls.
- Relationship Management - Create an environment where customers feel comfortable bringing issues, concerns, and opportunities to your attention, and where they desire to work cooperatively with you to resolve issues and explore new opportunities.
- Leads the enterprise systems project teams and maintains on-going customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Provides a single point of contact for coordinating customer requests for products and services for assigned customers. Partners with the business to maintains an information technology plan for the customer area with customers.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and standards of any citizen development activities for the Microsoft products or any other low code technologies. Evangelize the products and their value to the business.
- Proactively builds and maintains positive client relationships maintaining high levels of engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Understands clients' requirements and stays apprised of their operating environments to ensure accuracy and value in the products and services rendered.
- Proactively builds and manages positive relationships with peer department managers to ensure effective team results in delivering high-quality service.
- Build effective strategic alliances with vendors and with various IT suppliers.
- Personnel Management - Identification, selection, and management of staff
- Manages and develops a workforce that is innovative and skilled on Microsoft 365 products, robotic process automation applications and other tools.
- Leads and assists individuals and teams in the delivery of enterprise systems, services, and products. Daily performance management and monitoring, incorporating staff development programs, goals, coaching, and training.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations of individual staff and teams. Provide regular feedback to associates regarding their work.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, disciplinary measures, etc.
- Trains associates to ensure effective delivery. Define and execute cross-training to ensure depth of support.
- Complies with all legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements for personnel actions.
- Administers the execution of personnel-related tasks, e.g. timesheets, compensation, etc.
- Contract and Financial Management - Effectively manage costs through accurate budget planning and monitoring of costs. Manage product and service agreements.
- Develops and manages annual budget and performs monthly forecasts.
- Handles routine cost-management duties, such as overseeing expenditures, and developing and administering contracts, purchase orders, invoices etc.
- Manages outsourcing and sub-contracting agreements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree - concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related degree.
Experience: 8-10 years at a minimum of progressive experience in IT solution design and systems programming. Extensive experience with Microsoft 365 products. Experience developing with low-code development tools Microsoft Power Apps/Automate. Experience developing on UiPath a plus. Must have a proven track record of success as an enterprise systems leader with experience implementing IT solutions for core back-office functions, e.g., financial, human resources, procurement. Must have experience in creating and presenting strategic plans and tactical project plans to customer and IT management. Ability to support a technology organization in a complex, matrixed, and a highly customer-focused environment. Must have a strong work ethic and a high degree of credibility and integrity. Experience applying innovation and analytical skills. Experience with business process analysis. Experience with managing third party relationships.
Equivalent Experience: A minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in IT solution design and systems programming. Extensive experience with Microsoft 365 products and low-code development tools as well as the balance of the education and experience mentioned above.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of Microsoft 365 products inclusive of work productivity and collaboration applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, SharePoint and application development platforms.
- Application development experience in Microsoft low-code platforms Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI. Development experience in UiPath a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and plan multiple project tasks concurrently using Microsoft Project or some other project management tool.
- Should have a basic knowledge of accounting, human resources, and procurement processes and practices.
- Knowledge and experience with organizational change management technique is a plus
- Knowledge of electric utility industry is a plus.