Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
The individual in this position is responsible for the management and supply of data in support of multiple Family of Company FOC contracts and Member cooperative billing. This involves the gathering and analyzing of extremely large quantities of complex data and information and then translating into billing data and functional requirements.
The Energy Accounting Functional Manager will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all delivered billing data. Problem resolution in an expedited manner is a must. He/she will lead the effort and provide the necessary leadership to support the FOC goal of zero billing errors all the while data quantities and complexities ever increase. This includes coordinating work, training on specific tasks, knowledge transfer, and input to job performance evaluations for various team members.
The individual will represent both the department and GSOC via written and oral communications as well as through the attendance of meetings with associates from all three companies to discuss policy and system operational changes while effectively providing input for such on the behalf of GSOC and the DSSF group. He/she will document the necessary modifications to data requirements resulting from these discussions and relay in a clear and concise manner to individuals in the DSSF group.
Additional responsibilities with this position include the development, implementation and maintenance of applications needed in support of a wide range of energy accounting data processing and reporting requirements. The Energy Accounting Functional Manager must be able to manage the production of applications and software in support of an ever-changing environment through information gathering, effective communications, and on-the-job leadership, as well as ultimately the testing of changes prior to final implementation. The Energy Accounting Functional Manager must possess the ability to manage and plan multiple project tasks concurrently.
- Responsible for managing the billing data and settlements functions, including, but not limited to, oversight and coordination of a complex, web-based energy accounting application used by multiple parties internal and external to the company. Works with minimal oversight from the Director, Energy Accounting & Settlements. Ensures the application functions to meet the needs of the users as driven by ever changing and complex business needs. Also ensures data accuracy in the application and provides data troubleshooting which involves coordination from multiple individuals inside and outside the department. Keeps the supporting data bases up to date and accurate. Designs changes to the application as needed and oversees the modifications and testing of such. Notifies users of upcoming changes and ensures that they are prepared. Monitors users' performance throughout the month to help avoid month-end schedule pressures. Provides highly accurate monthly billing data to OPC per a pre-defined schedule with no room for margin. Supplies Members, FOC staff including upper management, and Scheduling Member agents with miscellaneous data reports and assistance as needed.
- Utilizes industry experience and consultation with supervisor, FOC associates, and external counterparts to determine departmental responsibilities as relates to Scheduling Member/EMC activities, Control Area Compact, GTC transmission billing, and data reporting requirements. Leads the development and maintenance of complex applications using Excel/Visual Basic, and other programming tools to process, scrub, store, and report data in support of all contractual and Family of Companies' obligations. Works closely with the Data Systems department in development of database design, data transfer processing, and web-based reporting tools. Investigates and resolves data issues with Control Center staff, Metering Department, FOC associates, Southern Company, Scheduling Member agents, and others as needed. The Energy Accounting Functional Manager is ultimately responsible for supplying accurate billing, reporting, and informational data.
- Executes production of bills in support of a critical contract between OPC and Southern Company. Gathers data and represents GSOC in audits tied to this contract. Resolves any issues resulting from audits with Southern Company and the GSOC Generation Control Center. Proactively addresses negative data trends through communications with the Operations Engineering group. Ensures supporting tools and processes are maintained and modified as required.
- Responds to Member and management information requests. Satisfies data requests from internal and external parties and heads the development and implementation of custom reports as required. Investigates and resolves data issues. Interacts directly with Members and Sr. Staff of the Family of Companies.
- Assists other EA&S department members with the creation of monthly transmission reservation reports in support of GTC billing. Keeps up with revisions to GTC Tariffs and coordinates changes to reports and supporting application when necessary. Works with the Data Systems department to adapt to technical changes made by an outside vendor.
Education: Bachelor's degree in information systems, business administration, engineering, accounting, or related field is preferred.
Experience: At least four years' experience developing and/or utilizing complex energy accounting or similar data processing and analysis applications. Must have demonstrated experience in Excel/Visual Basic. Familiarity with power systems and related energy accounting data is highly desirable.
Equivalent Experience: Exceptionally favorable experience may be considered in lieu of or equivalent to a portion of the educational and background requirements.
Key Competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Character and Credibility, Relationship Management, Leadership Excellence, Business Acumen, Strong Work Ethic and Attention to Detail
- Experience in software and application design techniques, methodologies, and tools.
- Excel/Visual Basic experience required; PowerPoint helpful.
- Excellent communication and team player skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and data management skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively and courteously communicate material of a high technical nature with Members, both verbally and in writing.
- Productive leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and interface with individuals of varying backgrounds and a broad range of technical and business disciplines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.