Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
Data Engineer specializing in the Microsoft Azure Data Platform, designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines and analytical solutions using Azure services. The role collaborates with data analysts, data scientists, and business stakeholders to take business requirements and implement scalable data infrastructure and ensure quality and reliability of data. Expertise in Azure data services, programming languages, and data engineering best practices is vital.
- Data pipeline development on Azure
- Design, build, and maintain scalable data pipelines and ETL processes on Azure Data Lake.
- Develop data integration strategies to collect, transform, and load data from various sources into Azure-based analytical systems.
- Implement efficient data movement and orchestration workflows using Azure services
- Data transformation and modeling:
- Perform data cleansing, transformation, and aggregation tasks using Azure services
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure efficient querying and analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Optimize data structures, partitioning, and indexing for performance and cost optimization.
- Data quality and governance
- Establish data quality frameworks and implement data validation rules to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of data
- Implement data governance practices in accordance with organizational policies and regulatory requirements within the Azure environment
- Collaborate with data analysts to define data quality and metrics to implement data profiling and monitoring processes
- Collaboration and documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to clarify data requirements and provide technical support
- Document data engineering processes, data flows, and configurations within the Azure environment for knowledge sharing and troubleshooting
- Participate in code reviews, testing, and debugging activities to ensure the reliability of data pipelines.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
Experience: 5+ years of experience in data engineering, or a related field, with a focus on Azure Data Lake.
- Strong understanding of Azure Data Platform and building pipelines
- Experience with data processing frameworks and tools such as Synapse, Spark, Hadoop, and Databricks on Azure Data Lake
- Experience with data integration tools such as Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, and Azure Stream Analytics on Azure Data Lake
- Strong scripting skills in Python, SQL, Scala, or PowerShell for Azure Data Lake
- Strong understanding of data modeling and database design
- Experience with ETL processes and tools such as Apache NiFi, Talend, or Apache Airflow
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Azure certifications such as Azure Data Engineer, Azure Solutions Architect or Azure DevOps Engineer are a plus.