Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
Responsible for Maximo system implementations, management, and system level support for the Georgia System Operations Corporation's shared services division under general supervision of the Director of Enterprise Systems. Creates project estimates and proposals based upon customer's business requirements and presents project planning documents to enterprise management for approval. Monitors project team and reports status of Maximo system implementations and post-implementation support to company management. Coordinates detailed system analysis for customers. Develops and implements creative solutions to resolve business process problems. Supports previously implemented Maximo applications. Stays current with relevant Maximo technologies. Supports Maximo mobility initiatives and architecture. Maintains positive customer relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Implements, analyzes and tests changes to newly released Maximo systems products. Analyzes user's business needs, provides system design expertise and ultimately implements Maximo system solutions. Provides training for Maximo systems application super users on appropriate customer usage. Participates in the formulation of technical architectures and strategies for the Information Technology environment. Provides support for Maximo systems users for system related issues. Provides data/program security advisement and ensures application contingency plans are in place.
- Coordinates daily efforts of internal resources, IT resources, customer resources, and external consulting resources in the implementation and support of Maximo systems using team software implementation methodology throughout the project life cycle. Manages internal and external consultants in system development and problem solving techniques. Generates team individual status reports and provides them to IT management. Provides input to the performance appraisals of Analysts, Lead Analysts, and other Business Application Consultants.
- Develops project-planning documentation with customers and IT team members for new Maximo systems initiatives by creating project scope, project timelines, project critical success factors, project risk, and project budget documents. Assists IT and customer director level management with the project approval process.
- Monitors the latest Maximo system solutions and educates customers of new technologically advanced solutions that optimize business processes. Selects and manages third-party vendors contractors, consultants. Negotiates and maintains contracts with third-party vendors.
- Coordinates the development of standards and standard procedures to support a productive, secure, efficient Enterprise Application environment. Participates in the Quality Assurance & Productivity Management processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business.
Experience: Experienced professional must have a proven track record of success with Maximo System Applications. This person must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Maximo systems application programming, technical leadership and project management utilizing a proven methodology. Must have experience in creating and presenting project-planning documents to customer and IT director level management. Must be able to manage large Maximo System implementations on a daily basis and be able to communicate issues to upper management. A track record of designing, developing, and implementing high quality modifications, interfaces, conversions, and business process changes for Maximo systems. Ability to support a technology organization in a complex, matrixed and highly customer-focused environment that has a practical approach to the application of technology to the business. Must have a strong work ethic, and a high degree of credibility and integrity. Must have experience transitioning legacy transaction systems to web-enabled platforms. Experience with business to technology analytical skills, and process analysis. Experience with third party relationships. Experienced in prior projects including Maximo Systems, infrastructure upgrade, and conversant with current technologies.
Equivalent Experience: A minimum of 9 years of progressive experience in Maximo systems application programming, technical leadership, functional leadership, and project management utilizing a proven methodology as well as the balance of the experience mentioned above.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Desired but not required- Enterprise Asset Management EAM related - IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Maximo Asset Management V220.127.116.11 or V18.104.22.168 and/or IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Maximo Enterprise Asset Management Solution.
Specialized Skills: Strong customer service skills. Ability to manage and plan multiple project tasks concurrently using Microsoft Project or some other project management tool. Must have in depth technical knowledge of applicable Maximo System software, platforms and components such as: Web Server/Web Client Technology, UNIX OS, Windows OS, Maximo JAVA classes, Maximo Configuration Tools e.g. Application Designer, Database Configuration, Maximo Security, Maximo Work Flow, Maximo Enterprise Adapter MEA, SQL, JAVA, J2EE, WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JMS Queues, Tivoli, Oracle, Actuate erdPro, Actuate Report Server Integration, BIRT. Must have application knowledge of Maximo work order, asset management, inventory management and purchasing disciplines. Knowledge of electric utility industry is a plus.