Come Join Us!
Georgia System Operations is a progressive organization offering opportunities for engineers, technicians, project managers, and more. We’ve been honored with Best Place to Work in Georgia.
Our people-over-profit culture and competitive compensation and benefits packages prove we’re dedicated to retaining the best candidates.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, a strong retirement program, career development, and flexible work schedules. We’re focused on wellness and being a supportive member of the community.
Affordable health insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, are available for full-time employees.
Basic insurance for accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, and life insurance are available at no cost. Employees can opt to pay for more coverage.
A competitive retirement plan, with company match and company contributions, is available for full-time employees.
We offer many options for our employees’ well-being, including an employee assistance program, an on-site fitness center, and several wellness-focused programs.
Educational reimbursement is available for full-time employees. Employees can also participate in a 529 college savings plan.
Employees can participate in voluntary benefits, covering hospitalization and critical illness, legal and ID theft protection, and pet insurance.
Vacation and sick leave are available for full-time positions via the paid time off program. GSOC is closed for 11 national holidays annually.
We support growth and development for all our employees through an on-site training program, online learning tools, and programs designed to develop industry knowledge.
Our employees are given volunteer paid time off every year to contribute to the community service organization of their choice.
In a Shared Services environment this team member works with the Senior Benefits Specialist/Program Administrators to provide support in the administration of the Family of Companies 3 different companies benefit plans and programs. This person will be responsible for employee enrollment, ongoing maintenance and offboarding of Health & Welfare Plans, Retirement Plans, Leave Programs, Work-Life Balance Programs, and Wellness Programs. This is an employee facing role that requires excellent communication skills and the ability to address multiple tasks both routine and unique on a daily basis. As a member of the Benefits Team, this position will support senior team members, attend benefit related meetings, and build relationships with other internal partners including payroll, communications and training, and other company HR departments.
- ADMINISTRATION: Administration of the Family of Companies Benefits Plans and Programs
- Benefit Plans Include: Health and Welfare plans - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account; Retirement Plans - Qualified 401k and Non-Qualified Plans; Leave Programs-Short-term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Wellness Programs, Voluntary benefits, and statutory programs such as COBRA.
- Daily management of Health & Welfare plans. Assists associates with the interpretation of the various benefit plans; consults and advises associates on eligibility for benefits. Maintains benefit records and prepares documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage. Communicates with plan service providers relative to claims issues. Facilitates new hire enrollment and orientation, associate separation, and ongoing enrollment changes due to change in status and intercompany transfers; payroll audit and reconciliation; quality assurance; internal communications. Annual open enrollment: Leverage benefits knowledge and technical expertise to create processes improvements to ensure benefits program alignment with company objectives.
- Daily management of 401k retirement program; counsel and address associate inquiries and support ongoing plan compliance activities; manage semi-monthly deferral change and loan files, quality review of semi-monthly payroll benefit actions. Review and apply eligibility rules for participating in the match and employer retirement contribution. Collaborate within HR and with Payroll teams to ensure accurate and timely payroll audit and processing. Support and participate in pre-retirement consultations.
- WELLNESS: Administrative support of the Family of Companies Health and Financial Wellness Programs
- Supports program development, implementation, communication, and counsel needed to implement and maintain wellness programs that align with the benefits strategy.
- Provides support to Senior Benefits Specialist/ Program Administrator with the following programs:
- Annual Wellness Fair
- Wellness Screenings
- Scheduling of Onsite/Virtual Health/Wellness Coaching one-on-one
- HIPAA Privacy Administrators
- As required by the HIPPA Privacy and Security Rule this position is responsible for protecting private health information.
- Maintain and update as appropriate HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices including communication to associates.
- COMPLIANCE: Administer benefits plan so that they are in compliance with governing regulations and support distribution of all required associate notices in a timely manner.
- Medicare Part-D
- Annual ERISA Notifications
- COBRA Notifications
- HIPAA Privacy
- ANALYSIS: Troubleshoot and provide feedback on the root cause of benefit administrative issues; use benefits knowledge and technical skills to recommend process improvements.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Form partnership with day-to-day vendor contacts to address and provide resolution of benefit related issues. Be responsive to all internal colleagues including each company's Human Resources and shared services payroll. Respond quickly and completely to associate questions and concerns. Know when to escalate to other team members when necessary.
- COMMUNICATION: Participate in the review of internal communications and company benefits site to ensure accurate and updated information.
- Partner with the Communications and Training department to update internal communications including benefits newsletters, wellness and retirement education sessions, benefit announcements for various events such as open enrollment, new hire enrollment, wellness events, wellness screenings, etc.
- HEALTH CARE REFORM COMPLIANCE & ADMINISTRATION: Assists with the implementation and administration the Affordable Care Act requirements and reporting to ensure compliance.
- TECHNOLOGY: Utilizes technology to improve the efficiency of Benefits operations.
- This includes development, implementation, and maintenance of benefits technology; assisting with benefits technology upgrades; Quality Assurance; secure benefit eligibility files to vendors.
Education: Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related field.
Experience: 3 - 5 years of benefits administrative experience, previous Human Resources experience preferred.
Equivalent Experience: High School diploma or equivalent, 10 years of senior level administrative experience
Specialized Skills: Advanced computer skills; working knowledge of various benefit plans; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle confidential and sensitive data; strong time management and the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities; excellent skills in Excel and Word; knowledgeable of ERISA, and various laws that govern benefit plans. HRIS experience, preferably Infor Cloudsuite.